Identify an older adult age 65 +, use a 1st and last initial. Execute a therapeutic assessment interview with them for at least two interview sessions assessing their self-identified:
- Demographics, life time education and career/employment
- Two most significant (positive) times in their lives
- What past hardship or loss has the client successfully negotiated in the past?
- Two personal strengths
- Engage them in identifying what is healthy versus non-healthy coping skills
Inquire of 2 healthy coping skills they have used in the past and/or now
- Three (3) pieces of advice they would give to their younger self if they could?
- Support the client in taking the Geriatric Depression Scale.pdf
- Support the client in taking the Fulmer SPICES Assessment.pdf
- Perform a Mini Mental State Exam.pdf and Patient_Stress_Questionnaire.pdf (attach here)
- Perform a Hall, Hall, and Chapman Article.pdf
- Report the findings from the Geriatric Depression Scale, Fulmer Spices, Patient stress questionnaire and the mini mental status exam
- Discuss your older adult’s level of ego integrity vs. despair as described by psychoanalyst Erik Erikson. If you had to rate them on a scale of 1-10, with 1 representing a full state of despair and 10 representing full ego integrity, what rating would you give your older adult?
- Describe at least two nursing diagnoses for this client.
- Create a plan of care for the client to include at least three nursing goals with two nursing interventions each.
The assignment should be written in an APA-formatted essay. The essay should be at least 1500 words in length and include at least two scholarly sources other than provided materials.