Completing this assignment will help you name and identify the skills and abilities that will move your career forward.
Find a specific job posting open posted online within the last 9 months. You will develop a Job Application Cover Letter (as though you were applying to that position) that highlights and emphasizes why you are the most suitable candidate.
Complete the cover letter on page 1 of the submission and then include a link to the job posting on page 2 (a copy and paste of the link is acceptable and the link must work). To compose the letter, use the general writing guidelines on pp. 277-278 in the text for structural and content guidance. Note: An example can be found on p. 250, Figure 13.8.
The message should take the form of a business letter; however, you will submit your assignment to the online course shell.
The job letter / application message must adhere to the following requirements:
- Highlight relevant background and job history information specific to the opening.
- Emphasize significant qualifications and exclude nonessential ideas.
- Follow proper letter formatting techniques per block business letter format.
- Use an appropriate and professional greeting and closing.
- Use professional language.
- Paragraphs effectively developed and efficient. Note: Six (6) or seven (7) lines when possible.
- Ensure there are no grammar or spelling errors.
- Eliminate wordiness and unclear sentence construction.
Your assignment must be typed, single-spaced paragraphs and double spaced between the paragraphs, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Use writing process strategies to develop brief business documents, such as routine messages, bad news messages, and persuasive / sales messages.
- Support ideas or claims in body paragraphs with clear details, examples, and explanations.
- Organize ideas logically by using transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Use sentence variety and effective word choice in written communication.
- Write clearly and concisely using proper writing mechanics.