4 Noise Aesthetic and Light Pollution
Before the start of Unit 4, your Professor placed you in a team. During the Unit 4 Discussion, you had the opportunity to divide the presentation sections among the team members. This includes:
One team member serves as a moderator who is responsible for setting up a shared folder in Google Drive for the team to use, providing an overview of the entire presentation, introducing each speaker, making a concluding statement and putting the finishing touches on the completed presentation. This person should be highly organized and very familiar with Google Drive and Microsoft PowerPoint.
One team member to research and create section 1 of the presentation on air pollution.
- One team member to research and create section 2 of the presentation on water pollution.
- One team member to research and create section 3 of the presentation on land and soil pollution.
- One team member to research and create section 4 of the presentation on radiological pollution.
- One team member to research and create section 5 of the presentation on noise, aesthetic and light pollution.
- By Saturday of Unit 5, each team member should attach their completed section of the presentation, including speaker notes and oral voice recordings, to their team’s thread in the Unit 5 Discussion.
- Any changes to the presentation need to be made and uploaded to the team folder in Google Drive by 11:59 pm ET on the Sunday of Unit 5 to give the moderator time to compile the presentation. Individual late submissions will not be included in the team presentation and will be assessed separately.
Section 5 – Noise, Aesthetic and Light Pollution
Definition of noise, aesthetic and light pollution – 1 slide
What are the primary causes of noise, aesthetic and light pollution? – 1-2 slides
- What are the effects of noise, aesthetic and light pollution on the environment? – 1-2 slides
What are the negative health effects caused by noise, aesthetic and light pollution? – 2-3 slides
- Who is primarily affected by noise, aesthetic and light pollution and how? – 1-2 slides
- Conclusion – 1 slide
- References – (as many slides as needed)
- Moderator Conclusion – 1 slide
- Any additional references used for introductions and conclusion. – 1 slide if needed
- The team oral presentation should include at least 7 content slides for each section. The moderator should include at least 7 slides throughout the presentation. A blank template is located in the Course Documents.
- The moderator will show competency of the course outcome through research and creation of the introductions, including the presentation overview and section introductions, and the conclusion.
- The individual slides for the oral presentation should have only 3-5 lines of text with 5-7 words per line. The fonts should be easy to read and background needs to be easy on the eye. Avoid using colors that are too bright and backgrounds that make it difficult to read the text. Pictures and graphs are encouraged to support the information on your slides, but not required.