I’m trying to learn for my Communications class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
After taking the IAT, address the following questions as part of this week’s reading summary:
- What did your test results show: do you have an implicit racial bias? How were biases measured, according to the test interpretation page? What do you think of this measure?
- Were your test results what you expected or hoping for? Do they match your stated racial beliefs?
- Why do you think it is important to have a realistic view of our own biases and preferences?
Next, please read/watch/listen to the assigned content for this week then write your reading summary. Much that you write should be in your own words to demonstrate your understanding of the material, but you may use direct quotations (include page numbers) to support your answers. Note: You must type your answers to these questions.
- Write a brief summary of the key points of each reading and summarize the main argument of the author in your own words. If you had to tell a friend what the reading was about, what would you say? (Approximately two to three paragraphs per assigned reading/podcast/video).
- Write your response to each reading. What stood out to you in both readings? What are some of the things you highlighted? Feel free to include direct quotations that you found interesting or even confusing. Why is what the authors are trying to say important (or not)? (Approximately 1-2 paragraphs).
- Make connections. Thinking broadly, discuss how this week’s readings relate to one another and how they relate to last week’s readings. Do either/both readings relate to your own life? How? Do you have any other comments you want to make about the readings? (Approximately 2-3 paragraphs).