Anonymous. (2015). Enforcement procedures for the Occupational Therapy Code of Ethics. The American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 69(Suppl. 3) 1-13. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Baker, K. R. (2016) An obligation to society. Drug Topics, 160(10). Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Battie, R. N. (2015) Thriving through trust: Ethical practice, quality care. AORN Journal, 101(5). 505-507. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Chiarello, E. (2015) The War on Drugs comes to the pharmacy counter: Frontline work in the shadow of discrepant institutional logics. Law and Social Inquiry, 40(1) 86-122. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Divakar, D. D., Al Kheraif, A. A., Ramakrishnaiah, R., Al Zhrane, M., Al-Hazmi, A., and Parine, N. R. (2015). Ethics in dentistry an overview: Electronic search study. Revista Romana de Bioteca, 12(3). Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Grass, J. C. (2016). The Medicine Shoppe v. Loretta Lynch, et al.: Pharmacists and prescribing physicians are equally liable. The Health Lawyer, 28(3), 28-37. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Limenti, A. E. (1999). The role of ethical principles in health care and the implications for ethical codes. Journal of Medical Ethics, 25. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC479265/pdf/jmedeth00006-0032.pdf
Yang, Y. T., Attanasio, L. B., & Kozhimannil, K. B. (2016). State scope of practice laws, nurse-midwifery workforce, and childbirth procedures and outcomes. Women’s Health Issues, 26(3) 262-267. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Young, G., Hulcombe, J., Hurwood, A., & Nancarrow, S. (2015). The Queensland Health Ministerial Taskforce on health practitioners’ expanded scope of practice: Consultation findings. Australian Health Review, 39(3), 249-254. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
American Clinical Social Work Association (n.d.) Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.acswa.org/code-ethics/
American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science (n.d.) Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.ascls.org/about-us/code-of-ethics
International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (2015) Code of Professional Conduct. Retrieved from https://iblce.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/code-of-professional-conduct.pdf
National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (2013). Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.naemt.org/about-ems/emt-oath
**Homework Case Assignment
All health and allied-health professions have a Code of Ethics that is designed to guide those within the field. For this assignment, if you work in an allied-health field, please locate your professional Code of Ethics. If not, please choose a Code of Ethics from the Optional Reading.
- Provide an overview of the Code of Ethics that you have chosen. What are some of the major areas that are covered? Why are these important to the profession?
- Are there areas that you think are missing and relevant to the profession? Explain why or why not. This should not be opinion but should be supported by reliable sources. For example, you can use another Code of Ethics that covers the area(s) that you feel are important to support your argument, or also use scholarly and professional articles.
- Are any of the ethical principles discussed earlier in the course mentioned in the Code of Ethics? If none are mentioned specifically, are they alluded to in the Code? Give examples.
- Why is it important for all health professionals to have a Code of Ethics?
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your writing. This should not be an opinion piece, but an analysis.
- Avoid the use of first person in your paper.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 3-5 pages.
- Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles and reliable sources, and use at least 3 references. For additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals, see http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php and for evaluating internet sources:
- You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/