this is the book:
Mario T. Garcia ed.. The Chicano Movement: Perspectives From The Twenty-First Century, 2014.
Possible 100 Points
(Pick five chapters, plus the Introduction Chapter from the book to analyze)
Address The Following Points About the Book
- What is the author Thesis statement?
- What is the author Research methodology?
- What are the major themes of this book?
- What are the main topics and ideas in every section?
- What is the author writing style?
- Does this book have a clear introduction and conclusion?
- Did the author provide solid evidences to back up their perspective?
- Is this book well written?
- Does this book meet the goals of the author objectives?
- What are the weakness and strengths of the book?
- How does the book address the intersections of race, ethnicity, class, and gender?
- How does this book relate to previous articles, you have read on Communities-of-Color
- What impact does the book have on the understanding of Communities-of-Color in the United States?
- How successful do you think the author was in carrying out the overall purpose of the book?
How to write A Response Book Essay (3-4 pages)
- Intro – opening statement, thesis statement
- Body of the Essay – Supporting Paragraphs
- Conclusion – closing argument – your perspective (opinion on the book), good points and weakness of the book.
- Clear Opening and Thesis Statement – 25 Points _____
- Clear Support Paragraphs – 50 points _____
- Clear Conclusion Statement – 25 points _____
Total 100 Points _____