- Write a 6-8 page literature review on one of the following topics:
- the impact of politics and/or the media on the operation of criminal justice agencies
- challenges and theories of motivating criminal justice personnel
- Job stress and burnout among police officers, correctional officers, or community supervision officers (either pick one or -for a more interesting paper- compare and contract the causes of stress and burnout between police officers and correctional officers).
- analysis of a theory of leadership and its application to criminal justice agencies
- the use of social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) by criminal justice agencies
- police or correctional officer subculture (or more interesting, a compare/contrast of the two)
- role conflict among community supervision (probation/parole) officers or correctional (adult or juvenile) officers
- an analysis of how a recent Supreme Court decision (or series of related decisions) impact either law enforcement or correctional practices and administration.
- All papers, regardless of the chosen project, will follow APA citation and writing style guidelines. I have provided two guides to help you get the formatting of your paper correct. No excuses will be accepted for improperly formatted papers.
- Do not be confused by the word, “draft”! Students are expected to submit a complete, properly formatted, paper that includes all content intended for the final submission. In other words, the paper submitted as a “draft” should be similar to what would be turned in as a “final” paper.
Above are the topics for the paper. Must be atleast 6 pages.You can do either one of the topics
Due by March 15th at 3;00 pm