Individuals Hearing God Voice and Obeying His Commands
Write an expository essay (1000 words) reflecting on and defining your personal calling as it relates to your individual strengths and worldview. In it you should consider the following essential questions to gain a deeper understanding of your place and purpose in the world. Remember that your essay must be organized around a thesis that makes a specific claim. Do not attempt to answer these questions sequentially. Instead, approach the topic systematically, unifying your essay in support of a central claim.
What is ultimate reality? Is there a God? If so, what is he like?
What is the purpose of society and of individuals within society?
- Is man or nature or something else ultimate, that which is most real?
- From what did the universe and all living things arise?
Who or what is behind everything that we do, that which is of highest value?
- Is it orderly or chaotic, intelligible or absurd, good or evil, eternal or finite?
- Is there a supernatural component or only a natural one?
Is there a purpose or direction to history and human life?
- Are people basically good or evil?
- Does man have a soul? Purpose? Dignity Worth?
- What is humanity’s relationship to God and to the natural world?
- Is it given by God, or is it a human creation?
- Is there such a thing as absolute truth, or is it relative?
- If so, by what standard, authority, or guide can we discern it?
- What are your strengths?
- What is your calling?
- What is your purpose?
- What is the nature and origin of the world?
- What is the nature and origin of humanity?
- What is the basis for morality? Is it given by God, or is it a human creation?