Labour Unions and Firm Productivity Discussion
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Refer to Chapter 12:Working with Labor Unions and and Collective Bargaining Consider your personal knowledge and experience, and additional relevant resources to facilitate scholarly, well developed responses to the discussion questions.
- Navigate to the threaded discussion and respond to the following using the same headings as below in your post:
- Joining Unions: Why do employees join unions? What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a union member?
- Experience with Unions: What has been your own experience or exposure to unions? How has this experience (or non-experience) impacted your view of unions?
- Good Faith: Explain what is meant by good faith bargaining in collective bargaining. Using examples, explain when bargaining is not in good faith.
- Definitions: Define impasse, mediation, and strike, and explain the techniques that are used to overcome an impasse.
- The initial posting is to be 200-300 words in length and supported by at least two sources properly cited and referenced: Human Resource Management textbook, and (b) an academic journal article obtained through OCLS.