Mortgages and Mortgage Backed SecuritiesMortgages and Mortgage Backed Securities
I need two sperate 2.5 page topic summary essays. They should be quick and easy to complete. Below I will include the topics and some questions/prompts to follow. Please include any other terms and descriptions of them that you feel are relevant to these topics. Feel free to use examples. Please do not copy anyone else’s work because I run my work through a plagirism checker.
*Please include bibliography of sources you use*
First 2.5 page summary essay topic: Agency Debt
Prompts/Questions to answer:
1. Class, how do agencies such as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac allow individual mortgage holders to collectively benefit from the agencies’ access to the capital markets?
Does this access result in lower mortgage rates than would otherwise be the case?
Are consumers able to have greater access to mortgage opportunities as a result of Agency policies and actions?
Why or why not?
2. what are the differences among conventional mortgages and FHA and VA mortgages?
What capital market developments have stimulated the growth of in mortgage backed securities markets in the United States?
3. what are the main features of Fixed Rate Mortgages vs. Adjustable Rate Mortgages?
Why would a borrower prefer an Adjustable Rate Mortgage?
How do lenders create incentives for borrowers to borrow with Adjustable Rate Mortgages?
Why would a lender prefer an Adjustable Rate Mortgage?
Second 2.5 page essay topic: Mortgages and Mortgage backed Securities
1. what entities are involved in the origination of mortgages and the exchange of mortgage-backed securities?
How can industry conditions impact these markets?
Who are the typical holders of mortgages and mortgage-backed securities?
What characteristics of mortgage-backed securities make them attractive to these entities?
2. how are Ginnie Mae Pass Throughs are different from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Pass Though Securities?
How are PIPs different from the above three Pass Throughs?
3. Briefly discuss the rise and fall of Fannie Mae (FNMA) and Freddie Mac (FHLMC).
What is the situation of these organizations now?
Why is Congress reluctant to eliminate FNMA and FHLMC? What would be the pros and cons of terminating them over the near term and the long term?