The Session Long Project for this class is neither a term paper nor a long project due at the end of the course. Rather, the Session Long Project is your chance to take something from the real world and develop a cumulative approach to the analysis of an ethical issue.
There are three parts to the Module 1 Session Long Project assignment, which is a little bit of a practice run for the remaining cumulative SLP project:
- Select a business (preferably) or other organization with which you are familiar, one you work for or have considerable knowledge about. Provide enough information about that organization for a reader without your experience to share your knowledge about its industry, customer base, etc.
- Identify a single moral problem confronting this organization in relation to its employees, customers, suppliers, investors, or other stakeholder groups, perhaps something the company is working to correct.
Every company has some kind of moral problem. Whether they face up to it or not is another matter. But they have problems. Find a simple one. It could be something as small as refusing to listen to minor safety claims, listening in on personal phone calls, strict dress codes, and the like. That might not seem like much, but it can be very important to the people concerned.
- Identify and explain two ethical principles that might be applied to solving this problem.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Your paper should be double-spaced and in 12-point type size.
- Your paper should have a separate cover page and a separate reference page containing the full citations corresponding to the in-text citations you choose to use in the body of your paper.
- Cite sources of information in your text.
- Proofread your paper before submitting it.