Directions: Be able to identify each of the people/objects/places/terms/events below. In a short answer, explain why are they significant and how they influenced Early Western History?
- Trajan’s Column
- Tiberius Gracchus
- The Rape of Lucretia
- mare nostrum
- The Aeneid
- Tarquinus Superbus
- Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus
- St Paul
- The Capitoline Wolf
- The battle of Actium
- Marcus Aurelius
- The Tetrarchy
- The Punic Wars
- The Rubicon
Directions: Be prepared to answer the following questions. Answer the question completely and include some discussion of primary sources, where appropriate, to support your answer.
- What was the pater familias? What role did this concept have in Roman society?
- Describe life in the city of Rome. Would you have liked to have lived there?
- What factors led to the decline of the Republic?
- Why was the senate hostile to Caesar?
- Describe the influence of The Greeks and Etruscans on Rome
- Do you think Octavian earned his title of ‘Augustus’?
- Why did the philosophy of stoicism become popular in the Roman world?
- Describe the development of Christianity in the first century CE.