Process of Evaluating External and Internal Environments
You are the office manager of medium-sized law firm. The firm is looking to streamline processes and make more information available to the attorneys without them taking time to look for folders. A new document imaging system is being proposed. The managing law partner is asking you to perform an analysis that will help decide to fund this effort.
You are given the following information:
- You have this module to complete the assignment and present your report
- You report will be a MS Word document.
- The new system will cost $5,000.00.
- There are 5 attorneys that currently spend 1.5 hours per day looking for 3 folders to work on because they are in another office or in a centralized filing room, mostly unknown as to the whereabouts because folders don’t always get returned to the rightful place and a lot of time is wasted on the search.
- The billable time for each attorney is $200 per hour.
- The labor for the new install is $500, to be added to the system price.
Given these constraints, develop and support your analysis.
Write a two-page project analysis document, including financial and timeline information to be presented to management.
- The 2 page paper will be written in 12 pt. Times Roman, double-spaced for the paragraphs and single spaced line item charges and total cost.
- Perform a SWOT Analysis with at least 3 bulleted items in each quadrant
- Demonstrate the Return on Investment (ROI)
- Show how long the project will take to show that it pays for itself in a Breakeven (BE) analysis.
- If you decide that you want to use MS Excel for your calculations you may copy and paste just the section of the MS Excel spreadsheet or chart into your MS Word Document (Do not paste the entire spreadsheet, just the work you created).
- Format your report in a clear attractive manner, again, this will be presented to the top level of the firm.
- Summarize the project stating in your own words what you have found. State your reasons in a clear concise manner, limited to one paragraph.