The first step will be to select a project to serve as the application you will build during the course. This project will be used as the basis for each of the assignments throughout the course and should conform to the following guidelines:
- Nontrivial:The selected project should be robust enough to allow reasonable exercise of the requirements for each of the individual assignments. To meet the requirements, the project will have to demonstrate the following functionality, at a minimum:
- Site must have multiple pages with appropriate navigation
- Site must use a multiple table database
- Site must use logins and restrict page access based on user and/or group rights
- Domain knowledge: You should be familiar with the topical content and functionality of the project application to allow focus on the design and development tasks without significant time required for domain education.
Select a project that fits these requirements, and submit your proposal to your instructor before proceeding further with the assignments in the course. Approval should be sought within the first several days of the course. Your instructor will tell you how to submit this proposal and what notification will be given for project approval.
For the assignments in this course, you will be building an ASP.NET data-centric Web application to support a project you select for the course with the approval of your instructor. Your first task in this process will be to select the project and get approval for the project from your instructor. You will also provide an overall design of the application and create the shell of your application that you will be working on during each unit. As you proceed through each project phase, you will add additional features and functionality to the application to gradually complete the final project delivery.
The following are the project deliverables:
- Submit the project proposal to the instructor for approval.
- Application Design Document
- Use MS Word
- Title Page
- Course number and name
- Project name
- Student name
- Project Overview (describe the project)
- Application Design
- Diagram showing major components
- Describe the architecture
- List the application requirements
- Name the document “yourname_ITSD425_IP1.doc.”
- Application Shell
- ASP.NET Web application with a minimum of 5 pages that will serve as placeholders for the eventual implementation of site functionality
- You must use a Master Page.
- You must demonstrate the use of standard controls, validation controls, and rich controls.
- There must be simple navigation between pages.
- Pages should include appropriate content.
- Any code necessary for the project should be C# and documented with good comments
- Be sure to include a thorough description of how the project requirements were met in a “PROJE.CT_UPDATE.DOCX” in the project folder. This document will identify the areas of the application that demonstrate the satisfaction of each of the requirements.
- The project folder should be zipped to a file called “ITSD425_IP1.ZIP.” The file should include the design document and all project files. Submit the zip file for grading.
Please submit your assignment.