The purpose of this assignment is to have students research the measurement tools of NP performance. Through the use of quality patient outcomes, student will list and discuss three different patient interventions and how they would specifically measure the outcomes and how these primary care interventions result in improved patient outcomes and cost savings for the practice. In addition, students will discuss how these interventions result in improved patient ratings.
Activity Learning Outcomes
1. Employ strategies to impact the development, implementation, and consequences of holistic healthcare policies using evidence-based practice principles (CO1)
2. Critically analyze how healthcare systems and APRN practice are organized and influenced by ethical, legal, economic and political factors (CO2)
3. Demonstrate professional and personal growth concerning the advocacy role of the advanced practice nursing in fostering policy within diverse healthcare settings (CO3)
4. Analyze social, historical, ethical and political contexts of healthcare policies and advanced practice leadership (CO4)
5. Advocate for institutional, local, national and international policies that fosters person-centered healthcare and nursing practice (CO5)
The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) (https://www.ncqa.org/ (Links to an external site.)) was formed to ensure quality of patient care and measurement of patient outcomes with set standards.
Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) is a performance measurement tool used by millions of health insurance plans. There are 6 domains of care:
· Effectiveness of Care.
· Access/Availability of Care.
· Experience of Care.
· Utilization and Risk Adjusted Utilization.
· Health Plan Descriptive Information.
· Measures Collected Using Electronic Clinical Data Systems
As an APN, productivity will be an important measurement for the practice to determine reimbursement and salary. Fee-for-service practices will require a set number of patients per day to maintain productivity. A capitated practice will require the APN to have a large panel of patients but also will focus on controlling costs. This can be accomplished through effective primary care that is accessible, convenient for the patients and has a method of measuring quality of care.
You are now employed as an Family Nurse Practitioner FNP in primary care. Choose one performance measure from one of the six domains of care. List and discuss three different patient interventions and how you would specifically measure the outcomes for that particular performance measure. How would these primary care interventions result in improved patient outcomes and cost savings for the practice? How can these interventions result in improved patient ratings?
In text citations at least 3: Must be APA format, no older than 5 years and reputable sources that are not textbooks.
|List and discuss three different patient interventions and how you would specifically measure the outcomes.||60||30%||From the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) (https://www.ncqa.org/ (Links to an external site.)) website, choose three patient interventions.
Develop a measurement tool to track patient outcomes.
|How would these primary care interventions result in improved patient outcomes and cost savings for the practice?||60||30%||Discuss how the interventions can result in improved patient outcomes and cost savings for the practice.|
|How can these interventions result in improved patient ratings?||60||30%||Discuss how these interventions can result in improved patient ratings (an NP’s patient scorecard).|
|180||90%||Total CONTENT Points= 180 pts|
|Clarity of Writing
|10||5%||Excellent use of standard English showing original thought. No spelling or grammar errors. Well organized with proper flow of meaning.|
|APA Format||10||5%||APA format, grammar, spelling, and/or punctuation are accurate.|
|20||10%||Total FORMAT Points= 20 pts|
|200||100%||ASSIGNMENT TOTAL= 200 points|