Instructions: Select a Nursing Theory of your choice and complete an evaluation of the theory you select as it applies to contemporary nursing. Use the following questions as subheadings, use narrative writing, and follow APA writing guidelines, including acknowledgement of sources. After answering each question you must determine if this was a strength or weakness of the theory. You must have a title page and references.
The evaluation outline is adapted from the Synthesized Method for Theory Evaluation, McEwen & Wills (2014), p.108. Do not answer with “yes” or “no” responses .
Support your responses with a minimum of 3 (three) references . You may use the course textbook as one of your references, as applicable.
Part I: Theory Description
● What is the purpose of the theory (describe, explain, predict, prescribe)?
● What is the scope or level of the theory (grand, middle range, practice/situation specific)?
● What are the origins of the theory?
● What are the major concepts ?
● What are the major theoretical propositions ?
● What are the major assumptions ?
● Is the context for use described?