What is the cornerstone of the American criminal justice system?
1. Constitutional rights â€“ due process
2. The assumption that â€œone is presumed innocent until proven guiltyâ€
3. The burden of proof rests with the state/government
4. Why so many safeguards for the accused?
5. Are we ignoring the victim?
6. What should we do for the victim?
7. How should the system be re-designed so as to provide fair treatment for all concerned?
Please address 1-7 in a 2-3 page paper incorporating all that you have learned up to this point in CJ.