Start up Healthcare Business Top Notch Care Paper
Topic: healthcare business startup will be called “Top Notch Care” essentially this will be similar to a at home nurse but will provide a more comforting service such as cooking and clean as well as healthcare. This will be offered to any type of illness from a common cold to a life threating disease.
In MBA 683, each student will experience creating a start- up healthcare business to produce a specific product (a good or service). A (10-12) page written research paper on the start- up business, the product and the market structure of the industry is required. The paper needs to present sections on the product information, this may be a good (tangible product) or a service (intangible product); and the initial and potential scope of the market in which the product will be supplied.
In addition, the written paper should have sections on the degree of the existing competition and the characteristics of the rival producers/organizations; the characteristics of the buyers and the potential demand for the product; and the strategy of the start- up healthcare business for pricing with regards to elasticity, production and maintaining its competitive advantage.
Finally, a critical analysis of the findings and conclusion and the implications for the start-up business need to be addressed in the paper.
The specific components of the proposed start up business should include:
- Product description
- Scope of the market
- Market Structure
- Degree of competition, availability of substitute and barriers to entry
- Potential demand
- Elasticity of Demand
- Industrial Trends
The written plan should specifically address the following:
- Product and the initial and future scope of the market (local, national, international/global) that the proposed business intends to serve.
- Market structure, degree of competition and the availability of substitutes initially and in the future, locally and globally for the proposed product.
- Various barriers to entry to the market in which the proposed business will compete.
- Demand and buyers of the proposed product.
- Price, income and cross elasticity of demand for the proposed product and their influence on the various pricing and production strategies of the proposed product.
- Research and examine the current performance and the future forecast for the industry that your proposed business belongs with respect to macroeconomic factors – political, economic, social and and technological.
The written paper is to be typed double–spaced, 1’ margins, Times New Roman and 12-point font, with correct spelling and grammar, proper citation, references, with a cover page and organized with headings. The instructor’s approval of the topic is required.