Assignment 2: Required Assignment 1â€”Strategic Alliances and Human Resource Management
LGE is one of the leading global companies in the industry. It is composed of five divisions: air conditioning, business solutions, home appliances, home entertainment, and mobile communication. LGE has 114 subsidiaries worldwide and employs around 82,000 people. LGE is a South Korean company and as such has some unique characteristics derived from the South Korean culture and economic structure.
In this assignment, you will read several peer-reviewed articles.
- First, read three peer-reviewed articles related to the South Korean economy, chaebols, and culture.
- Then, search for at least one peer-reviewed article related to the strategic alliances.
- Next, read at least one article on human resource strategies for Multinational Corporations (MNCs).
- In addition, read a few articles related to the local and global operations of LGE.
Then, respond to the following:
- Explain the organization and purpose of chaebols.
- Identify the positive and negative characteristics of chaebols for both local and global economy. Also, explain the role they play in the South Korean economy.
- Identify the characteristics of LGEâ€™s human resources strategy.
- Identify how this HR strategy is helping the company to deal with the diversity.
- LGE has established a number of strategic alliances with partners from all over the world. Select one of these alliances and analyze and evaluate its outcome.
Write a six-to-eight-page paper in Word format. Utilize at least five to six scholarly sources in your research. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Make sure you write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
By Wednesday, February 12, 2014,
|Assignment Grading Cirtria
Explain the components of the paper and your approach
|How Cheabols Correlate to South Korean Business Strategy
Explained the purpose of chaebols . Define chaebols, discuss their development then Provided an appropriate explanation of how chaebols correlate the strategies of South Korean business.
|Role of Cheabols in South Korean Economy
Identified both positive and negative characteristics for local and global economies. Discuss the local economy of South Korea and the global economy, and the pros and cons of each. Explained the role chaebols play in the South Korean economy discuss how chaebols have changed the economy of South Korea, discuss what the economy was like without the chaebols and with them
|Characteristics of Human Resource Strategy
Identified the characteristics of LGEâ€™s human resources strategy. Discuss the HR strategy and its advantages and disadvantages, maybe compare to other organizations
|How Human Resource Strategy Incorporated Diversity
Identified how the HR strategy incorporates diversity within the company. Discuss specific strategies that lead to diversity, diversity with the company, the HR composition of the company
|Analysis of Business Partner Alliances
Analyzed and evaluated an alliance with a business partner. Explained how the alliance benefits both sides in the business setting.
Summarize your paper, do not introduce new information, restate your position
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||20|