Read The Elements of Technical Writing, chapter 6.
This is a good time to think about visually representing or explaining your report.
- How many visual images and image types are you planning to use in your report?
- Will the images overwhelm the reader because of their size, or will you resize the images to complement the text?
- Will the images help the reader understand your point, or will they confuse the reader?
- Using the examples in the chapter, will you be able to use the right caption for the images?
For your response:
- describe one of the images that you will use (table, chart, photo, etc.)
- provide an example of the caption for your image, using one of the captions in the chapter as a guide (see Tip below)
- provide the page number of the sample caption from the chapter
- provide the source of the image (Is the image copyrighted from a website? Do you need permission to use it?)
You do not need to include the image. Respond in your discussion thread in 150 to 200 words.
Tip: Each visual image in this chapter has a caption which includes its type and “numbering,” a title, and explanation of the image. Also included is the source of the image. The source information will be placed in the sources section of your white paper report.