The Negotiation Skills and Process Discussion
- Objective: Developing your individual negotiation skills
- Break out into pairs, randomly assigned*
- Choose your role in agreement with your peer: CJ or Alex. None has more learning value than the other. Both are great roles to develop skills.
- Carefully read the Situation and the Negotiation in the document distributed to you.
- Take a few minutes to devise your individual negotiation strategy
- Begin the negotiation: you have 20 minutes to reach an outcome
- Report your result (the agreement) and Answer the following questions:
- what was your negotiation strategy?
- what was your BATNA?
- how did you reach the agreement (or why did you fail to reach an agreement)?
- how is the relationship between CJ and Alex after the negotiation?
And for this assignment, you will need to be the both roleplayers and write two part of those questions.