Can you help me understand this Psychology question?
For our TED discussion this week, I want us to discuss procrastination. Mainly because this class is doesn’t give us a lot of options to procrastinate, and we are writing Essay 1 this week, and I want us to discuss and develop tools that will make us successful writers.
How many of us procrastinate or view ourselves as master procrastinators? I know I do. Most of my life as an undergrad student I must say was spent focused under the crunch time, right up against a deadline.
After watching the following very humorous TED Talk by Tim Urban, please answer the following questions:
- What does Urban claim about procrastinators? Why does he think people really procrastinate?
- What does Urban think we should do about procrastination? Does he offer any solutions?
- Could you identify with what Urban says here? How often do you procrastinate? Why do you think you do it? Why can’t you break the habit?
- What was your biggest takeaway or AHA moment from this Talk?
- Your initial response should be 150-300 words per question.