What are the pharmacological and physiological effects of substance use
Topic 1: Worksheet
Part One Directions: Provide short answers of 200-350 words each for the following questions/statements. Include at least three scholarly resources beyond the course textbook in your response and listed as a reference at the bottom of the worksheet.
1. What are the pharmacological and physiological effects of ?
2. Select two substances from the following and describe at least two pharmacological and physiological effect of each (200-350 words each).
• Another DSM Substance Use Disorder of your choice
3. What is a process addiction? What is a substance use disorder? How are the two similar and how are they different? How would you establish a treatment relationship to work with a client with substance use disorder or process addiction?
4. Briefly explain the history of substance abuse treatment in the United States over the past 100 years. How did the early practices differ from what is being done today? Briefly describe the development of multidisciplinary teams in regards to the treatment of addictions.
Part Two Directions: It is widely understood that there is a biopsychosocial model of addiction. Within the biopsychosocial model, there are multiple psychological theories and biological theories. Select one psychological theory of addiction and one biological theory of addiction. Complete the table below by comparing and contrasting the selected biological and psychological theories of addiction.
Theory and Brief Description Similarities DifferenceTheory and Brief DescriptionSimilaritiesDifferences[Insert psychological theory of addiction here] [Insert biological theory of addiction here]
……………………… Added to cart