80 word minimum each question
1. Researchers are now saying that efforts to simplify work tasks actually have negative results for both companies and their employees. Do you agree? Why or why not?
2. What structural issues might arise in managing contingent workers? Again, think about what you have learned about organizational design. How might that information help a manager address those issues?
3. It has been called the “desperation hustle.” Employees who are “anxious about layoffs want to look irreplaceable.” Therefore, they clean up their act. Those who might not have paid much attention to their manner of dress now do. Those who were mouthy and argumentative are now quiet and compliant. Those who used to “watch the clock” are now the last to leave. The fear is there and it is noticeable. “Managing that fear can be challenging.” What ethical issues might arise for both employees and for managers? How could managers approach these circumstances ethically?
4. A company’s future may well depend on how well it is able to learn – agree or disagree? What does your research say?
5. A company’s future may well depend on how well it is able to learn – agree or disagree? What does your research say?
6. Does the idea of a flexible work arrangement appeal to you? Why or why not?
7. The boundaryless organization has the potential to create a major shift in the way we work. Do you agree or disagree? Explain.