As you prepare to write your persuasive essay, read the three attached student essays and answer the following questions about one of the essays in the discussion forum:
- Does the author clearly identify a two-sided issue/problem? Is it debatable?
- Is the author well informed about the topic?
- Does the author provide solid evidence to support his/her position? Remember that the evidence must appeal to reason.
- Does the author address the opposing viewpoint?
- What could the author do to strengthen the argument?
Student Essays for Review
- Student Sample Essay: “The Designated Hitter, 40 Years of Controversy”
- Student Sample Essay: “Plastic Bags and the Environment”
- Student Sample Essay: “Sagging Morals”