Health Care System
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (most often referred to as the Affordable Care Act, or ACA) is the largest piece of federal health legislation of the last 50 years in the United States, with widespread impact on health insurance and health care delivery. The ACA was signed into law in 2010 by President Barack Obama, and implementation of the ACA has been an ongoing, dynamic process met by opposition and challenges. For this assignment, create a PowerPoint presentation that outlines the past, present, and future of the ACA. Include a title slide, references slide, and speaker notes in your presentation. Address the following in a presentation of 15 slides:
- Briefly outline the process by which the Affordable Care Act became law. Include a timeline of key milestones.
- Articulate competing viewpoints of the ACA, including supporting evidence for each viewpoint.
- Describe successful and unsuccessful attempts to legally challenge the ACA since its passage, including grounds for appeal and repeal attempts.
- Discuss ethical challenges posed by changes in the ACA.
- Analyze the current impact of the ACA on Medicaid, Medicare, and CHIP/SCHIP.
- Describe future issues/needs associated with the ACA by key stakeholders, including health care providers, insurers, employers, the government, and the public.
- Make recommendations for improvement of the ACA, including supporting evidence for recommendations.
You are required to cite to five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and public health content.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.