Please answer all six questions in your own words.
- Do you believe intelligence is a fixed trait? Either you are smart, or you aren’t?
- Describe a time in your life when you regret not trying something, avoided something, or gave up on something, because you felt you were no good at it.
- Describe a time in your life when you overcame a failure, difficulty, or set-back. What was your mindset at the time?
- Describe your mindset coming into Chemistry. Where you confident, or did you believe you weren’t good at science?
- What do you think it will take to feel like you are successful in Chemistry? What does “success” in Chemistry look like to you? What actions will you need to take to meet your success standards?
- What is your current mindset about learning? Do you believe you can be successful in any course you wish to take?