The aim of this assignment is for you to write a short report on risk assessment in the context of a nuclear power plant with a focus on probabilistic safety assessment.
Your report must address the following objectives:
- Define risk and explain what is meant by ‘acceptable risk’.
- Briefly explain the Probabilistic Risk (Safety) Assessment (PRA) approach
- List and briefly describe the various techniques used in PRA.
- Outline a PRA model
- Define Core Damage Frequency (CDF) and Large Early Release Frequency (LERF).Report Content StructureYour report is expected to include:
- An introduction: where you provide an overview of the topic, why it is important and what your report aims to achieve.
- A body: where you address the objectives stated in the introduction. The body needs to present the ideas in an order that makes sense to the reader; this may not necessarily be the order in which the objectives are presented in the introductory section. To achieve this, you could present your ideas in one of the following ways:
o Chronological order: from older to more recent.
o Logical order: begins with facts (and maybe assumptions) and then builds a conclusion from
- A conclusion: where you briefly wrap up the main points in your report.
- References: All the information that you include from other source (websites, books, journalarticles) must be correctly cited and referenced.
Your report must follow this sequence
- A cover page that includes: o Report title o Class
o Department o You name and ID
- Contents page
Your report should be between 1200 and 1500 words long, not including references.