s the HIM department director, you are responsible for providing input for the corporate strategic plan for your department.
- Develop a checklist to follow with 25 items to ensure that all of the needed information is collected for the strategic plan.
- Be sure to include items to improve department operations, to ensure informational management, and to indicate a cooperative environment with other departments.
- Also identify future goals for the department, making quality patient care a primary need.
- Meet CAHIIM Curriculum requirement for Bachelor Degree
- Domain III. Informatics, Analytics and Data Use
- Subdomain III.B. Information Management Strategic Planning
- Section 1. Take part in the development of information management plans that support the organization’s current and future strategy and goals
- Competencies: Corporate strategic plan, operation improvement planning, information management plans
To understand a corporate strategic plan.