- Read the Quoting section of the Guide to Using Sources and refer back to it as needed.
- This section involves using the library resources. On the left side of the Canvas page, under Home, Syllabus, Quizzes, etc., is a tab called Research Help. That is where the USU library has placed their information for this assignment.
- Go to the music assignment and locate the article on Wagner in the encyclopedia, “Baker’s Biographical Dictionary of Musicians,” for information about the composer Richard Wagner. Read the brief biographical entry you find there.
- Select a 1-2 sentence quotation from the biography.
- Copy and paste the paragraph below into your paper. Delete the phrases in all caps and insert the information requested. In place of “insert quote here,” insert your own 1-2 sentence quotation about the composer.
- You will be graded on whether or not you have formatted your quotation correctly and whether or not the quotation you have selected makes sense in the context of the paragraph. If you need to add a small amount of text to the stock paragraph below in order for your quotation to make sense, that is acceptable. See the rubric below for full grading guidelines.
- Note that both the titles of encyclopedias and of major musical works should be in italics.
I read a brief biography of COMPOSER’S NAME in NAME OF ENCYCLOPEDIA, and I learned a lot about this composer’s life. While reading about COMPOSER’S NAME, I learned that one of his most famous works was NAME OF WORK. The most interesting thing I learned about this composer was INSERT QUOTE HERE. This composer’s music continues to enchant listeners long after his death.
- Include an in-text citation at the end of your quotation.
- Then include a full works cited entry at the end of the paragraph.
- Label this section of your paper Part 3
ORDER YOUR ORIGINAL PAPER
Request for a custom paper or place a new order
THE BEST CUSTOM ESSAY WRITING SERVICE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Forget All Your Assignment & Essay Related Worries By Simply Filling Order Form