Communication Relationship Analysis
Take extensive notes during the film. This will help you complete the rest of the project. After viewing the film, identify unit one concepts that you think were displayed in the film. Use your text, lecture notes and the study guide. Use a minimum of 5 different concepts. A list of permitted concepts is included at the end of this information sheet.
For each concept:
- Provide a definition from either the text or lecture pages (one sentence is enough).
- Include the page number where it is found in the text or indicate it is from the lecture pages, etc.
- Follow each definition with a detailed example from the film. Include a detailed description of the scene, characters, and situation to explain and support why you feel it demonstrates the term or concept that you identified. Specifically explain why the example from the film matches the definition of the concept being used. Know the names of the characters in the film. Please do not summarize or review the film. I’ve seen it. If you include the plot or any logistics (actors, director, producer, dates, etc) or indicate whether you like the film or not you will lose 10% from your overall grade
- For your individual portion pick 5 of the following: Besides that plz take a note about social comparison, influence on identity, and self-fulfilling prophecy. Therefore, total 8 concepts that you need to work on due to watching and taking note about movie.
- Concepts from Unit 1 to be used:
INTRODUCTION TO COMMUNICATION
- why we communicate
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
(if you use any of the above concepts be sure to clearly define interpersonal communication)
- the self-concept cycle
- reflected appraisal
- social comparison
- influences on identity
- self-fulfilling prophecy
(if you use any of the above concepts be sure to clearly define self-concept)
(if you use any of the above concepts be sure to clearly define communication competence)