ENG102 – Research Proposal and Preliminary Bibliography
I don’t know how to handle this English question and need guidance.
I have two (2) deliverables that I need complete. I have chosen a Theme & Topic and have attached two papers to help you with these deliverables.
Theme: Enterprising America and the World
Topic: Outsourcing Failures in SME’s
Think of a time you watched a panel debate regarding an issue on a primetime news program. Have you ever thought about the types of sources or evidence that worked to inform the different perspectives of the various panelists as they formulated their particular stances?
Individual opinions are formed from our various experiences. As you work to be thorough in investigating all sides of a topic you are researching, you will work to understand the various sides and perspectives of the topic you are researching. In this class we want you to understand that various types of sources will garner varying perspectives from popular opinions to more scholarly interpretations. All these views are helpful as they help clarify the complexity of the issue(s) you are researching.
The point of this discussion is to explore various types of sources as you research your theme and develop a preliminary topic proposal and bibliography.
- Review this video on working with scholarly sources:
- 1 book (You may skim the book, finding the most important ideas presented.)
- 1 popular press article (A popular press article is one that is printed in a periodical intended for a general audience, such as Time, Newsweek, and National Geographic)
- 1 or more international news sources (BBC (Links to an external site.), Al Jazeera, (Links to an external site.) Univision (Links to an external site.), Sohu News (Links to an external site.))
- 2 scholarly articles (A scholarly article is one that is printed in a journal intended for a specific, expert audience; one of these articles should come from a peer-reviewed journal.)
- 1 web source
oGathering Research: Part 6 (Links to an external site.)
2.Your goal is to find a wide variety of perspectives on your topic. For this discussion, you should find and read the following:
o1 non-traditional source (consider podcasts, films, TedTalks, etc.)
Consider the varying perspectives and the voices inherent in the writing. Does one voice seem more credible than the others. Be sure to address this as you move forward so you have a broad understanding of your topic.
For this paper, list all the sources you researched and chose for your paper and use the following format for each source:
- Title and type of source
- Dates of publication
- What is the rhetorical situation as related to the intended audience and purpose?
- Note how the source adds to helping you better understand your research topic.
5.As you write your post consider the following:
oNote the value of the periodical or source discuss the credibility of the source.
For this assignment, provide a short research proposal and cite 7 or more credible sources in an annotated bibliography. This assignment has two parts.
Part 1: Research Proposal
Address the following in your proposal:
- What topic/question do you plan to research? Why? What sparks your interest in this issue? And why does this issue matter to others beyond yourself?
- Who are the various stakeholders when it comes to this issue? Then, who your intended audience? What specific group of individuals has the power to make change when it comes to this issue?
- How have you narrowed this topic/question to make it more manageable? How could you keep narrowing it if needed?
- What makes your topic/question debatable? What are 3-5 open-ended questions within this topic?
- Based on your preliminary bibliography, how researchable does this question seem? Have you found a wealth of diverse sources and opinions? How credible and reliable do your sources seem? How easy or difficult was it to find peer-reviewed/scholarly sources? Which sources are most promising? Why?
NOTE: This assignment is not a full research essay. For now, you are writing a few paragraphs defending your research topic, why it matters, what its central questions are, etc.
Deliverable #2, Part 1 – Minimum of 400 words
Part 2: Annotated Bibliography
Address the following for the annotated bibliography:
- APA formatting for the citations
- Citations/sources listed in alphabetical order
- Note how each source will help you explore your topic more fully.
- All sources should be print books, eBooks from the library, articles from the library databases, or articles (print or web) from local, regional, and national/international newspapers and magazines. No general websites, .com websites, wiki sites, personal blogs, etc.
- At least 2 of your sources need to be peer-reviewed/scholarly journal articles from the library databases. What is a peer-reviewed scholarly article? Watch the following video: The Peer Review Process (Links to an external site.)
- All sources should be from the last five years (approx.) to avoid out of date information. Include annotations for at least 4-5 sources cited from Deliverable #1.
Use the following template: Research Proposal and Preliminary Bibliography Template (Attached.)
Deliverable #2, Part 2: Minimum of 2 paragraphs
ORDER YOUR ORIGINAL PAPER
Request for a custom paper or place a new order
THE BEST CUSTOM ESSAY WRITING SERVICE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Forget All Your Assignment & Essay Related Worries By Simply Filling Order Form